I have a new niece on the way so it was time to start and finish a quilting project. I really enjoyed working on this one over the thanksgiving break. It remains to be seen if there is another quilt in the works, but for now I’m very happy with this one.
It started out as a low volume quilt, but quickly became colorful. I used several special fabrics and love seeing them in the finished project.
This was my first time making bias binding and while it took me a long time to figure out exactly how to make the continuous strip (I had drawn my pencil marks the wrong direction), I was pleased with how easily the bias binding attached to the round corners.
If there is another quilt in my near future, it’s definitely time to buy more spray binding. I ran out after attaching the quilt top to the batting so ended up having to pin baste the whole thing in order to keep the backing fabric in place.